Use Bosquet All-Purpose Baking mix to make this great tasting gluten-free sandwich bread.
- 3 cups Bosquet Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Mix
- 2 tsp. instant yeast
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup warm milk
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Blend flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl
- Whisk egg whites, cream of tartar, warm milk, melted butter and apple cider vinegar in a separate bowl
- Using the paddle attachment on your mixing bowl, slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, on low speed
- Turn the mixer to medium-high speed and mix for 3 additional minutes. The dough will be thick, smooth and resemble more of a batter than a bread dough
- Grease a 9-inch x 5-inch loaf pan
- Pour the dough into the loaf pan. DO NOT fill more than 2/3 of the way. Cover the dough with lightly oiled plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm area for 45-60 minutes. The dough should exceed the height of the loaf pan by this time.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Remove the plastic wrap. Using a sharp, lightly oiled knife, slash the top of the load about a ¼ inch deep. Place pan in the center of the preheated oven
- Bake for 50-55 minutes. The outside will form a thick, brown crust.
- Allow bread to cool for about 15 minutes in the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely
Try these delicious recipes too!
Gluten-Free Pie Crust
Gluten-Free Cheddar Bay Biscuits