Pepperoni, melty cheese and a wonderful gluten-free, nut free crust come together for this great calzone. Perfect as an appetizer or on gluten-free pasta night!
• 1 Bag Bosquet Gluten-Free Pizza Crust Mix
• 7 fl. oz. water
• 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
• 2 eggs, large
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• ¼ cup ricotta cheese
• 1 tsp milk
• ½ tsp garlic powder
• (Optional) ½ cup topping of your choice (pepperoni, sausage, bacon, broccoli, etc.)
• 2 Tbsp. brown rice flour (for sprinkling surface)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F
2. Line a baking tray with parchment paper
3. In a large bowl, combine Bosquet Gluten-Free Pizza Crust Mix, (1) egg, water and apple cider vinegar, mixing well, until dough forms
4. Place dough onto a floured pizza stone or sheet and flatten with hands (if dough is too sticky, sprinkle with brown rice flour)
5. Using a floured rolling pin, roll out dough until it is roughly 12 inches in diameter
6. Remove excess dough from the edges using a pizza cutter, forming a circle
7. In a medium sized bowl, combine cheeses, garlic powder and optional toppings, then pour topping mix in the center of the dough
8. Carefully fold dough in half, press the edges together, then fold to seal
9. Whisk milk and the second egg in a small bowl to make egg wash
10. Brush top of calzone with egg wash. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Try these delicious recipes too!
Gluten-Free Garlic & Roasemary Breadsticks